The 2022 GPA Internship Program will run from May 16, 2022 until August 5, 2022.
The 2022 GPA Internship Application Period will run from November 1, 2021 until February 28, 2022.
Job Title: College Intern Terminal: Garden City Terminal, Savannah, GA FLSA Status: Hourly / Non-Exempt JOB OVERVIEW: Under the supervision of the Department Designee/Manager of Learning & Development, the College Intern assist the company with a variety of tasks assigned by the department. The internship will provide students the opportunities that will stimulate their interests and provide real-world on the job experiences. Upholds the values of the GPA to promote Safety, Integrity, Respect, Community, Creativity and Opportunity. Promotes a safe work environment by participating in safety initiatives and reporting unsafe conditions and behaviors.
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS: 1. Adhering to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior as well as adhering to company policies governing the observation of confidentially and the handling of confidential information.
2. Assuming personal and professional responsibilities for his/her actions and activities.
3. Interns will be responsible for completing a group project that should consist of new procedures, processes or new ways the GPA can improve on existing business practices or implement new practices.
4. Maintaining professional relationships with company employees, customers, vendors, and so forth.
5. Utilizing a courteous, enthusiastic, and open-minded approach to policies and procedures within the profession.
6. Relating and applying knowledge acquired in the academic setting to the company setting.
7. Developing a self-awareness of attitudes, values, behavior patterns, and so forth that influence work.
8. Preparing for and utilizing all opportunities of learning afforded by the Georgia Ports Authority.
9. Being consistent and punctual in the submission of all work assignments to the supervisor.
10. Be an active participant in group projects and presentations.
11. Perform all duties as assigned by management.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The ability to interact and work with employees of all levels within the organization. Excellent verbal and written skills are required. The ability to exercise good judgement to interpret and complete tasks with minimal supervision. Produce superior quality work in both individual and group settings. Group presentations are performed at the conclusion of the internship program, so the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner in front of large groups is essential.
Education and/or Experience: Must be enrolled as a traditional, undergraduate to student who will graduate after August 2022.
Other Requirements: Must meet the criteria for and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Valid state driver's license is required.