Homans Associates (HA) is a subsidiary of the largest independent HVAC/R distribution company in the world, Watsco, Inc. We proudly distribute the Mitsubishi and Bryant brands of HVAC equipment, as well as a full line of HVAC residential and commercial parts, supplies, and accessories. We have locations throughout New England, New York, and New Jersey. We currently have an opening for a Counter Sales Associate in our Southborough MA. location. There is no relocation assistance offered for this position.
Company Website: http://www.homans.com
• Sells heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts, and supplies
• Greets customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
• Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
• Reads catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
• Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
• Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
• Solicits new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
• Works in the warehouse.
• Works with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
• Follows direction provided by counter lead (if applicable) and lends support to warehouse staff in their duties.
Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Practical knowledge of warehouse, data processing, paper flow and operations procedures.
• Must have the ability to negotiate transactions on an intra- and inter-company level. Must possess the ability to mediate situations among employees and customers as they arise.
• Beginner to intermediate to advanced user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting from 50-75 would require assistance from another employee.
• Prior HVAC experience is required