Our agency is a customer-focused creative agency, specializing in engaging live events, broadcasts, virtual meetings, and creative digital media. We produce great experiences and great content, leaving our customers and our industry partners inspired to work with us, and for us, every chance they get. It also helps that we love what we do.
Our expertise and services span all areas required to deliver exciting events, compelling meetings, engaging content, and successful launches. Our end-use products include: Sales Meetings; Managers Meetings, Senior Leadership Meetings; Launch Events; Award Functions; Training Meetings; and Association Meetings & Conferences. We are a one-stop-shop for live event, production, live broadcast production, virtual meeting management, creative content development, corporate messaging and branding, script/speech writing, storyboarding, and creative event design.
Flawless execution is the minimum standard, and our whole team exemplifies that in every facet of our work, from pre-event communications to post-show deliverables.
ABOUT THE POSITION: EVENT PRODUCER
Producers are the critical link between our customers and flawless execution. They are the face of our agency, day to day with our clients. Producers lead and support our customer relationships, acting as stewards of the experience to help them tell their stories to their target audiences through live production and creative content.
As the leader of the customer’s vision, you will be responsible for
- Creative and event pre-production & project management
- Managing relationships and working with freelancers, production managers, other producers, and customers
- Creation, consultation, development, and maintenance of timelines, agendas, and the run of show
- Contributing to proposal development for new business
- Working on multiple projects and customers simultaneously
- Properly managing your time to meet your own deadlines and manage the deadlines of those on your team
- Assist with content management pre-, post-, and during show
- Partnering with internal content producers, motion graphic artists, technical directors, and other members of the team
- Own the success of your projects, beginning to end
- Helping to manage the administrative aspects of project management, including vendor invoicing, expenses, scheduling, and team communications
Quick thinking and independent action will be regular parts of your day. Other aspects of the job can include:
- Moderate cleaning or organizing in the office
- Early morning / late nights
- Regular errands for team (deliveries, pickups, upload/download, etc.)
- Other utility tasks for the team as needed
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be commensurate with the experience you have and the value you bring to our team and our customers.
What we offer you
• A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
• Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com .
Type A all the way.
- You have a “work hard, play hard” mentality.
- You loved being in charge of the group project in school, even though it meant late nights and more work for you.
- You love detail but don’t get analysis paralysis.
- You are a brilliant communicator and warm up the room and/or light up the screen.
- You love a good challenge. In a business setting, you know to tell a client “Yes” and explain what you can do rather than “No” and explain what you can’t do.
- You love travel and want to see and experience the world.
- Your values require you to do the right thing rather than the easy thing.
- You embrace and encourage the diversity and individuality that makes a team engaging and dynamic
- You never stop asking “why”, in order to seek a deeper understanding.
You have a 4-year degree in a related field such as business, marketing, theater production, process management, etc. or in an unrelated field and you can sell yourself that you can do this job. If you don’t have a 4-year degree, you should have substantial industry experience that would make a degree superfluous and you can sell yourself as being able to do this job.
The typical 9-to-5 job doesn’t exist in this industry, and our team is no exception. You love the rush of instant gratification and working quickly to do your part on the team. You enjoy working in and open office environment, where your colleagues have as much fun as you. You also love travel, with the opportunity to travel as much as 50% annually, with a large concentration of travel in the January and February (as high as 80% in Q1). We ask for flexibility, so we give flexibility, but the customer and team come first.
You have 2-5 years of experience working in a project management, customer management, theatre management, news or sports broadcast, agency advertising or marketing, and/or experiential marketing, all in the live events/broadcast/meetings industry or related industry.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office products and Apple products.
• You have strong understanding of:
o MacOS and iOS
o Digital meeting/webinar platforms (Zoom, WebEx, Teams, etc.) and what they can/can’t do
o Live event and broadcast industry practices
Event agenda & show flow creation
Show calling & basic understanding of technical departments
o Adobe Creative Cloud suite
o Basic time tracking & project management software, including strong timeline management
• Major cool points go to applicants with knowledge of:
o Studio and stage lighting
o Yamaha audio software and products
o Shure audio software and products
o Production design and technology (audio & video)
o Barco E2 technologies & training
o Projection mapping
o Experiential technologies in live events
o Cool future technologies you can teach US about
- You speak English fluently.
- You are a US citizen or have the right to work in the United States.
- You have a valid passport and the ability to travel worldwide without restrictions.
- You have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- You can lift/move 50 pounds
- You live in Chicago, Las Vegas, or New York, or you are willing to relocate to one of these areas.
- If you want reimbursement for moving to Chicago, you should be ready and able to sell us on why you are worth the investment.
How to Sell Yourself
• You must have the basic qualifications to be considered.
• You must have a resume that tells us not only what you learned and did, but what you accomplished along the way.
• You must have a cover letter. Tell us how your personality, education, experience, and tool smarts (or lack of any of these) make you someone who can do this job and someone we should consider. Help us understand what makes you a successful addition to BCD Meetings & Events. Be creative.
**All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and driving record check. This employer is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. In compliance with all Federal and State equal employment laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, gender preference, gender identity, or non-job-related disability.