· Conduct weekly tailgate meetings with members of the Logistics team.
· Maintain all Packaging and Logistic department attendance and performance records, including all disciplinary actions required as a result of cultivating an environment of outstanding attendance, performance, GMP’s, etc.
· Drive root-cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and works to document solutions for future training.
· Support continual improvement Systems (BRC, AIB, Kosher, Customer audits) and assist with applications and procedures related to company ERP systems.
· Coordinate development of processes and procedures that maintain inventory integrity and on-time customer deliveries and product movement.
· Coordinate with Plant Management on the application of existing procedures, OEE tracking and development of ongoing systems and procedures within logistics; warehouse, packaging and shipping departments.
· Support teams to include job specific training and documentation.
· Delegate work and responsibility to Leads and subordinates.
· Create network connections and work with others within and outside the company.
· Work with Plant Leadership to analyze stock inventories and checking archives, maintain warehouse capacity and bin master.
· Oversee timely packaging, shipment, procurement (STO’s) of all stock and material. Report to Management any discrepancies.
· Initiate purchase requisitions required for all logistics areas to maintain adequate inventories of all packaging and shipping supplies as well as administrative supplies of the warehouse department.
· Schedule shifts and evaluate the work of all logistics staff and subordinates as per yearly budget. Report variances to Management for follow up.
· Ensure that all stocks comply with the quality standards of the organization. Ensure blocking of all non-conforming stock with Quality Department and well as maintain traceability of all manufactured product.
· Work in conjunction with the Warehouse leadership to maintain overall KPI goals (OEE goals, RFT tracking, etc.) for inventory accuracy, efficiency and quality goals. Facilitate disciplinary follow-up and training required as a result of IRA findings.
· Ensure timely address of all Logistics department Corrective Action Requests as delegated by the company Food Safety Committee/Quality Departments. Work with Human Resources and department management as needed.
· Assist in assuring Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are adequate for protection of our products
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Four (4) years Production, Logistics, or Inventory Management experience is required. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree only require two (2) years of previous production, logistics or inventory management experience.
· Should poses a high level of competency with manufacturing/inventory systems with advanced skills in PC use including spreadsheets and database experience.
· Ability to work with a positive attitude in a high stress environment is required.
· Experience in a manufacturing and/or Food Safety environment is preferred.